do you have to buy that jiffy image in otder to play this game?
Metal Dust (C64 SuperCPU)
A downloadable Shooter
Attention: Metal Dust requires a SuperCPU with RamCard and at least 4MB of RAM.
Since version 3.0, the VICE emulator features a SuperCPU emulation called xscpu64. Now it is possible to play Metal Dust with this emulator (you need a 1581 JiffyDOS-Image (commercial)). Link to VICE with SuperCPU support: http://vice-emu.sourceforge.net/index.html#download/
Metal Dust - An Overview:
- Seven different weapon systems
- Single or dual player mode
- Four really big levels with a lot of small, many medium and some very big enemies
- Giant end monsters with different attack behaviour
- Overlay color graphic objects and lots of other nice graphical effects
- More than 1000 blocks of digi music data per level, exclusively composed by the band Welle:Erdball
- Digi music will be played with very high CIA rate
- Realtime mixing of digis for explosions and game effects
- Really soft parallax scrolling with high speed areas
- High end sprite multiplexer that still runs stable while playing high quality digi music
- Outro sequences with brilliant graphics
- a Commodore 64 with Heavy Duty Power Supply or a Commodore 128
- a 3,5" floppy drive (FD-2000, FD-4000 or 1581)
- a CMD SuperCPU 20 MHz Accelerator with SuperRAM Card (at least 4 MB)
- and of course a monitor or TV as well as one or two joysticks.
In order to download this Shooter you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Can this run the turbo chameleons
No, Turbo Chameleon has no SuperCPU core. To date, only a real SuperCPU or VICE can run Metal Dust.
Can this be ran from a C64 Mini?
nope. The C64 Mini is not capable of emulating a SuperCPU. It can be played with Windows or WINE and Vice 3.1+ (Emulator is included).
Thx for the reply, Hopefully they add SuperCPU support in a firmware update! Bought it anyways, game is hard as balls! And amazing, nice work!
Unfortunately TheC64 Mini probably isn't a powerful enough system to emulate a SuperCPU. The full-sized system might be. However, it is unlikely that there will be an official SCPU firmware upgrade or update as Retro Games Limited will probably not want to pay to licence it.