Sam's Journey (C64)
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Protovision is proud to present Sam's Journey from Knights of Bytes, probably the most ambitioned platform game for the Commodore 64 of all time!
Although Sam is quite small, he can run very fast and jump even higher. That's why the camera has to hurry up and keep track, no matter where he's going!
Sam has a variety of basic moves. While running and jumping are obvious skills, his ability to climb makes him able to reach new heights. And with his free diving skill, he can explore the underwater passages of the deep sea.
The world of Sam's Journey is not only a visual one. Every scenery that Sam traverses on his journey comes with its own unique song that emphasizes the location's atmosphere.
- Classic 8-Bit Platform Action
- Very colorful Graphics
- Fast Free-Directional Scrolling
- Many Basic Moves Plus Climbing And Swimming
- 6 Special Costumes With Additional Skills
- 3 Overworld Maps
- 27 Huge Levels With Multiple Sections
- 2000 Screens To Be Explored
- 14 Different Graphical Settings
- 19 Beautiful Tunes
- Sound Effects
- Hidden Items To Be Found
- Secret Passages To Be Discovered
- Checkpoint System
- Savegame Option, also on Cartridge
The digital edition of Sam's Journey is included with every order of a physical edition of Sam!
It consists of:
- Sam disk version PAL (4 d64 files)
- Sam disk version NTSC (4 d64 files)
- Sam cartridge version PAL Englisch (GMod2 files)
- Manual as PDF
for cartridge versions: the cartridge files are currently emulated only
by VICE 3.1+. They cannot be used with an EasyFlash cartridge or 1541
Ultimate. For the disk versions, these limitations do not apply.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $23.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: